On July 24, the CNIL fined a company operating in the video streaming sector up to50,000 for inadequate security (source document in French). The company experienced a data incident in 2016 affecting approximately 82.5 million email addresses. The CNIL determined that the company lacked security measures, such as the use of encryption when storing the credentials of administrative accounts...
CNIL Fines Video Streaming Company Up To 50,000
|Author:||Mr Laurent De Muyter, Undine von Diemar, Olivier Haas, Jörg Hladjk, Bastiaan A. Kout, Jonathon Little, Martin Lotz, Hatziri Minaudier, Selma Olthof, Audrey M. Paquet, Sara Rizzon, Irene Robledo, Elizabeth A. Robertson and Rhys Thomas|
To continue readingREQUEST YOUR TRIAL
- Mondaq France
- Changing Position in France on Broadcast of Excerpts of Sporting Events
- Non! - ASA Bans Kronenbourg Ad For Over-Emphasising French Connection
- French Courts Are Competent To Judge Over A French Facebook User's Complaint
- Running A Sweepstakes In France Is Less Misérables
- La Quadrature Du Net Challenges Decree On Military Programming Act
- French Government Publishes Decree To Delist Terrorism-Related Websites From Search Engines
- French Government Publishes Decree On Security Of Essential Operators' Information Systems
- CNIL Releases 2014 Annual Report
- Telecommunications Law
- Conseil d'Etat Clarifies Individual Consent For Receiving Marketing Emails
- Conseil d'Etat Upholds Sanction For Sending Text Message Spam
- CNIL Requests Search Engine To Remove Links From Several Lists
- CNIL Formally Notifies Sites That Did Not Collect Internet Users' Consent Before Implementing Cookies
- Advertising For Alcoholic Beverages Still A Hot Topic In France ( Continued )
- French Constitutional Council Approves International Electronic Communications Surveillance Act
- Facebook Vs. The French Data Protection Agency: A Formal Notice To Have Facebook Comply With The French Data Protection Act
- CNIL Imposes 100,000 Fine On Internet Search Engine For Failure To Comply With Right To Be Forgotten
- ANSSI Issues New Security Guidelines For Integration And Maintenance Providers Of Industrial Systems
- First Financial Penalty Decision By The French ANSM
- E-Sport/Video Games Tournaments In France: Let's Play Under A Specific Legal Framework!
- Cookies And Consent: France Clarifies Responsibilities For Online Advertisers
- Advertising Space Brokerage, Digital Ads And Transparency To The Benefit Of The Advertiser: Whats New In France?
- 'Retouched Photo' Disclaimer Becomes Mandatory
- Retouched Commercial Photographs Of Models: How Will France Impose Transparency To Try & Fight Food Disorders?
- France To Require Labelling Of All Retouched Photographs Of Models
- CNIL Issues Guidelines On Free Wi-Fi Networks
- France Continues To Focus On Transparency Issues
- France Seeks To Curtail Sexist Advertising
- The Sapin Decree On Digital Advertising Services Has Come Into Force. It Nevertheless Raises Several Questions Regarding Its Implementation.
- Is A Salary Cap The Answer To Team Sky's Dominance In Cycling?
- CNIL Fines Video Streaming Company Up To 50,000
- CNIL Imposed GDPR Consent Requirements On An Advertising Network Company
- GDPR Bites Google Fined 50 Million For Breach
- French Data Protection Authority Fines Google For Breach Of General Data Protection Regulation
- Advertising Of Alcoholic Beverages In Connection With A Sporting Event: A Total Ban In France
- French Parliament Passes GAFA Tax
- Practical Recommendations Of The French Health Authority For The Implementation Of Teleconsultation And Tele-Expertise Activities
- NASK Publishes Quarterly Report On .PL Domain Names
- Cookies Or Not Cookies ?
- Advertising Motor Vehicles Off Road ? Not In France - French SRO's Jury, November 4, 2019
- ICANN Report Wipes The Smile Off Emoji Domains
- The French Data Protection Authority Releases A Recommendation On Cookies